El Día de Los Reyes Magos (Your Day from the Three Nobleman) is easily the most anticipated holiday of the season for Spanish children. Also referred to as Epiphany, it’s celebrated 12 days after Christmas and marks your day Los Reyes Magos, the 3 Nobleman in the East, introduced gold and gifts towards the recently-born Baby Jesus. Although in The country, it is the eve of The month of january 5 that’s eagerly anticipated, for it’s the day Los Reyes Magos go back to The country and gifts receive to children over the land.
Who’re Los Reyes Magos?
- Melchior: An expert astrologer and King of Persia, he’s symbolized by light skin along with a white-colored beard. Melchior may be the earliest and wisest, and may represent their adult years and carries gold.
- Gaspar: This King, also referred to as Caspar, originates from India, and it is symbolized with a dark or red beard and carries incense. He loves the sea, rivers and ponds.
- Balthasar: This dark-skinned Arabian King carries myrrh. He represents youth or even the human side of individual, as myrrh was once presented at funerals.
The month of january 5: Cabalgata de Los Reyes Magos Parade
On The month of january 5, the night time before Epiphany, Spanish celebrate having a big parade known as Cabalgata de Los Reyes Magos. In a variety of metropolitan areas across The country within the late mid-day, the 3 Nobleman arrive by boat, train, horses or floats and get through the town. Children wear costumes and join them around the floats, tossing candies and small toys towards the children waiting across the roadside using their families. This is a listing of certain areas you can observe the Cabalgata de Los Reyes Magos Parade:
- Madrid: A conventional Three Nobleman parade makes its way from Nuevos Ministerios towards the Cibeles Square with the city center and also to the Plaza Mayor. In the Plaza Mayor if you have been activities for kids. You’ll find more information at Madrid’s Visitors Bureau website.
- Barcelona: Referred to as Cavalcada dels Reis Mags in Barcelona, this spectacular celebration from the Great Journey from the Three Nobleman begins with the appearance by ocean in the Moll en Fusta port and leads to the town center. Arriving is well known having a firework display along with a gun salute. Browse the dynamic Barcelona City Hall’s website, which shows in tangible-time the 3 Nobleman journey in the China to Barcelona.
- Valencia: Starting in the late mid-day in the port of Valencia, children, floats and dancers travel the roads until they meet in the Plaza de Ayuntamiento (City Hall) where they open the doorways towards the kids waiting to get presents in the Three Nobleman. Here’s more details at Valencia’s City Hall website.
- Zaragoza: This season, the 3 Nobleman will arrive by train in the Estación de Cercanías Goya and then suggest their way along Calle Alfonso I towards the Plaza del Pilar.
- Alcoy, Valencia: Since 1866, Alcoy has celebrated the appearance of the Los Reyes Magos. Considered to be among the earliest cabalgatas, today it’s celebrated with traditional music, dances along with a reenactment from the birth of Baby Jesus. The Kings’ pages distribute gifts towards the local children who authored towards the Reyes by climbing the facades of structures using ladders within the city center. It finishes having a magnificent firework display. When you get an opportunity, don’t miss the wedding! Watch this spectacular video here.
- Other villages and towns: Alicante, Cadiz, Malaga, Mallorca, Menorca, Seville, Teruel and much more… Ask your hotel which metropolitan areas or villages near you’ll be celebrating having a parade. Smaller sized towns usually their very own celebration and they are readily available.
The month of january 6: Three Nobleman Day/El Día de Los Reyes
Some families possess a traditional feast of sea food and meat following the parade ends on The month of january 5, while some have lunch together on The month of january 6. Children wait readily for any special dessert known as Roscón de Reyes. This huge ring-formed cake is stuffed with a thick layer of cream, nuts and cherries. It’s reduce pieces and passed out to everybody. Baked inside is a toy which brings best of luck for 2012. Also inside is really a small bean, which if received, means you will need to spend the money for pricey Roscón. It always results in a good laugh.
Plenty of Presents
In The country, children don’t write a wish list and send it to Papá Noel (Father Christmas) — they email the 3 Nobleman. It’s really on el Día de Los Reyes that youngsters receive many of their gifts merely a couple of receive at Christmas. Children wake towards the presents delivered throughout the night through the Three Nobleman.
So, which Rey is the favorite: Balthasar, Gaspar or Melchior? Share your opinion within the Quick Poll.
— Lori Needleman
You Could Also Like:
How you can Spend Christmas in The country
Spain’s Buffet Of Recent Year’s Celebrations
Barcelona with kids – 10 things to do in Barcelona, Spain, when visiting with children
Meldrum's On The Move: Looks like we missed out on a few things! :(
Anastasia Dreiser-Ignatieff: I don't want kids… there is literally nothing good about them; from the day they are born you are paying for them and whats worse you can't leave the house without them. I guess you can try to travel but don't expect to do anything really interesting because all they will want to do is spend all day at kiddie parks and doing stupid shit. I guess you can pay a nanny to take care of them while you take personal vacations if you have the money but that's only if you have the money. In the end you watch your kids grow up and become pricks, probably making stupid life choices and leaving you alone after 20 years of raising them without so much as a thank you… by this time you are probably divorced because the kids drove you apart and your youth has been wasted. It's no coincidence parents are happy when their kids finally leave and they can start living their life the way they want… my point is that you can skip all the necessary bullshit and spend that 20 years enjoying life by never having kids X(
Maggie Videos!!!: I love you
AB Apartment Barcelona: Visiting Barcelona with children? #VideoGuide